Factory Despatch Supervisor (WJFRP81528)
Factory Despatch Supervisor, Hull
This is an exciting time here at Jacksons and we’re looking for driven and conscientious individuals to join our brilliant team and contribute to our continued growth and success.
Reporting to the Despatch Manager you will support our management team in ensuring that targets are met on time and in accordance with agreed company standards.
You will be able to plan, direct and coordinate the despatch operations whilst always looking for improvements to maximise efficiencies. You will be proactive leader and have a great understanding of food safety regulations and quality processes.
· Leading and motivating the shift despatch team to achieve targets and meet the highest levels of attendance and performance.
· Ensuring efficient and cost effective control of all operations and resources.
· Ensuring that all hygiene and Health and Safety regulations and procedures are met.
· Liaising with other departments and managers to ensure that production runs efficiently.
· Schedule and control operations to meet deadline delivery dates.
· Operate within and support the Company culture relating to the management and development of all employees to maximise their individual contributions and skill-set.
You will have previous experience of managing teams within a despatch/distribution remit and delivering factory targets within a food manufacturing environment.
You will have a practical approach to problem solving and possess the initiative, enthusiasm and determination to succeed.
You will also have a strong attention to detail and decision making ability and be able to coordinate whilst motivating people which will be driven by excellent communication skills.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
Please note we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.