Group Financial Controller (WJFRP81668)
Group Financial Controller, Hull based with some remote working, you will manage all group statutory filing, board reporting, tax compliance, audits as well as driving better internal controls, process and systems.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director this is an 18 month maternity cover to allow hand overs at the start and at the end of the maternity cover, you will be responsible for:
• Overseeing the consolidation and reporting of management accounts on a weekly and monthly basis, together with annual budget and half yearly reforecast
• Manage Group cash flow by regularly reviewing and challenging business unit forecasts.
• Maintenance and development of group reporting and consolidation system, HFM
• Coordinating the Group year-end reporting and audit process and responsibility for preparation of statutory accounts
• Review of outsourced annual tax computations and internal tax packs, build the relationship with external tax advisors; ensure tax compliance across the Group and engage on relevant tax projects in line with the group tax strategy
• Ensure adherence to Group Treasury policy including hedging of currency, fuel and energy and identifying any other areas to alleviate financial risk within the Group.
• Support the identification and management of business and financial risk
• Assistant company secretarial duties
Group Financial Controller skills
With this being a full time interim role, and aside from you already being a qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA accountant, and having worked in a FMCG environment you will have previous experience of managing a small team, be able to communicate, influence and challenge all levels across our group of businesses, whilst having a great attention to detail, and ability to work to tight deadlines.
You will be required to work from our offices in Hessle, Hull at least 3-4 days a week, which will increase at various points due to reporting/deadline requirements.
Today our Group has five fantastic food businesses – Abel & Cole, Belazu, Wellocks, MyFresh and Jackson’s Bakery, which make and deliver some really fab food.
The William Jackson Food Group is a family business with a 170-year history in the food industry. We have dedicated family shareholders who take a long-term view on the way we do business, value our people, work with customers and suppliers, and look after the environment.
Aside from the 33 days holiday a year, an enhanced pension scheme as well as auto enrolment, we have an Employee Benefit Trust, which is supported by family shareholders keen to ensure we support our colleagues as much as possible with a number of benefits including:
Employee support services available, should you need any independent financial or wellbeing advice.
Financial awards for colleagues, or their dependents, who play a team sport
Financial awards for colleagues who have children at university
Appreciation awards to encourage colleagues to value each other’s work
Various events with opportunities to meet colleagues from the Group’s other businesses.