THE ROLE: Transport Planner at MyFresh
To organise and co-ordinate the transport section of the business, working closely with the Transport Manager to achieve a smooth day to day operation. Ensure that procedures are continually appraised in order to utilise all vehicles and drivers to achieve an efficient and cost effective operation providing a professional service to all customers. To actively promote ‘health and safety’ in the working environment and continually aim to improve safety awareness of all staff. To ensure compliance with all legislation including the Working Time Directive, Drivers’ Hours Rules, ‘O’ Licence, Health and Safety, employment law, all relevant company procedures and also those of our customers.
Working Hours: 10 hours, 4 on 4 off
Location: Chicksands, Bedfordshire, SG17 5QB
- Planning and reviewing delivery routes to maximise vehicle utilisation and fuel efficiency.
- Book in deliveries with customers in a timely manner to ensure route will run efficiently.
- Manage drivers in the sections relevant to your areas of responsibility, control their working hours in order to ensure compliance with all legal requirements whilst minimising the cost of wages and keeping agency requirements to a minimum.
- Book agency drivers as and when required. Check agency time sheets when required before passing to Transport Manager to authorise payment.
- Raise POs when required for third party hauliers to ensure they match the work they have undertaken.
- Deal with complaints from customers and members of the public, and resolve as soon as possible, informing Transport Manager as and when necessary.
- Liaise with all members of staff to ensure the accuracy of information provided.
- Entering information onto the computer system ensuring KPI data is correct.
- Promptly answering the telephone, assisting the caller where possible,
- Work in a safe manner and in compliance with Health and Safety regulations.
- Assist other departments as and when necessary in order to ensure the smooth running of the business which may include organising special deliveries as and when required.
- Actively engage customers in obtaining return of dolavs, trays and pallets to ensure site has sufficient for day to day operation.
- Ability to make decisions quickly, have a flexible and logical attitude to problems, i.e. erratic volumes, vehicle breakdowns and delays.
- Manage defects effectively liaising with service suppliers to ensure prompt repair and vehicle downtime. Assist where possible in getting vehicles dropped off/collected from service provider.
- Ensure all vehicles are inspected and maintained as per the company requirements and in accordance with the goods vehicle operator’s license. Ensure all vehicle paperwork is kept up to date in the files if required to do so..
- Ensuring all paperwork and loads are ready in advance for the driver to commence their daily workload. Where loads may be delayed inform driver well in advance to enable the driver to manage their hours.
- Be able to deal with drivers regarding any infringements that they incur and monitoring to ensure no reoccurrence.
- Assist the Transport Manager in carrying out disciplinaries and accident investigations if requested to do so.
• Keep the Transport Manager/Directors informed and aware of any relevant matters concerning the operation and administration of the business.
• Undertake other tasks as requested by the Transport Manager.
• Use all equipment, machinery and services with respect and report any faults, or repairs needed, to the relevant person immediately.
• Be a team player with a “can do” attitude.
• Assist in any other duties which form part of the transport operation.
- Fresh and free hot lunch/dinner all made fresh on site using onsite veg.
- Discounted veg bags
- Fancy volunteering we will give you one day off a year to take part in volunteering.
- We also have a range of employee support services which can be tailored to giving you advice on things like financial difficulties, anxiety and depression.