Transport Night Shift Manager (WJFRP81653)
Main Purpose of Job:
The Transport N.S.M roles main functionality is to manage drivers’, vehicles, and routes in accordance with the company KPI’s and legal Compliance.
Manage route leaving times to meet the company OTIF.
Ensure all routes are dispatched and where necessary arrange cover for sickness / overloads.
You will also oversee that all office duties are carried out within the shift, such as logging data within spreadsheets, vehicle compliance and communicating with the Vehicle Maintenance Unit regards Vehicle of Road notifications or Vehicle check issues.
During the shift you will be required to enforce all HSE requirements and conduct investigations to anyone failing to follow these.
Complete Return to work questionnaires with staff who have returned from sick leave.
You will also be working closely with the Night Operations team to create a unified team to ensure all targets are achieved.
• Managing Overloaded Routes / Transport Compliance
• Vehicle Placement: Fixed Areas / Weight limitations / Transport Compliance
• Drivers Register: Ensure all drivers arrive for shift
• Complete Vehicle Sheet: Departure times / Driver Owner
• Driving Licence checks: Spot Checks Random weekly
• DQC Card Checks: Spot Checks Random weekly
• Check Drivers uniform / Enforce changes
• Ensure Walk round checks are being completed
• Assist in vehicle defects and VOR
• Manage Drivers and Driver Behaviour
• Collection Weights within compliance
• Loading of vehicles
• Handover / reports to the day team
• Exporting Drops to Vehicles and vehicle units
• Driver app administration
• Maxoptra Checks / Changes based on local knowledge, driver requirements.
• Vehicle route Compliance
• Manage Process Procedure is being followed
• Ensure all routes leave the depot and arrange cover as necessary
• Updating Spread sheets with route details and any other information
• Office duties: Key distribution, Printing Invoices, assigning driver routes / boxes / Weekly Rota
• Issuing driver tablets and logging on the system
• Good Communication skills
• Microsoft Office Proficient (Excel, Word, etc)
• HGV Classification
• Current DQC CPC Qualification
• Geographical Knowledge of Delivery areas
• Good analysis and reporting skills using KPI Dashboards
• Leadership skills
• Planning Platform Management and reporting experience