THE ROLE: Night Hygiene Operative at MyFresh
You will contribute to the achievement of the site’s hygiene objectives by delivering Health and Safety and Hygiene Operational Excellence for the site. You will be responsible for delivering Hygiene KPIs using information and feedback to identify improvements for operational performance.
Your role will be to comply with all Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Systems of Work. As a Hygiene Team Member your priority is to ensure safe, complete in-depth site wide cleaning on time and in full, to required quality and microbiological standards and within budget. You will be a proactive member of the Hygiene team and will strive to achieve all targets of site cleanliness in the safest, most efficient and cost effective manner. You will be a highly valued member of the business and your individual contribution will be vital to the success of your team and the company.
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Working Hours: five out of seven days, 8:00pm to 04:00am
Location: Chicksands, Bedfordshire, SG17 5QB
NIGHT HYGIENE OPERATIVE: Essenital Skills and Qualifications
- Quality focused
- Customer focused with a “Right First Time” approach
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Attention to detail
NIGHT HYGIENE OPERATIVE: Key Responsibilites
- Ensure you and other Team Members are working safely to standards and practises. Exercise responsibility through a duty of care for those activities undertaken by Team Members.
- Assist the Hygiene Leader in driving through a culture change within the Hygiene department with an unwavering focus on Health and Safety and Product Quality. Own a culture of ‘zero’ injuries for your department.
- Contribute to a Continuous Improvement World Class Manufacturing program for the site.
- Ensure SOPs and SSOW are trained to you and the Team Members before undertaking any task.
- Ensure standards for product quality, hygiene, GMP, equipment, technical, and performance are strictly maintained and adhered to achieve customer satisfaction specifications and achieve optimal service levels within agreed cost budgets..
- Ensure that relevant equipment is ‘locked off’ and isolated in accordance with procedure before disassembly and reassembly. Ensure all PPE is worn and is in suitable condition before beginning any Hygiene duties.
- Ensure that all chemicals are handled correctly and in accordance with safety standards and COSHH regulations.
- Assist in maintaining an effective, robust team member equipment/factory care system.
- Ensure all checks and recording systems for work completion (H&S, Quality, CIC, Schedules, Customer, Performance, Maintenance, Cost, HR etc.) are correctly checked, completed and compiled with all relevant information clearly and fully recorded and documented.
- Responsible for delivering the highest standards of housekeeping ensuring you and your team work to Current Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Meet and surpass all external and internal audit standards.
- Be an ambassador for the company at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
BUSINESS CHANGE PROCESS: Play a pivotal role in ensuring adherence to the Business Change Process (BCP) by monitoring progress with effective and prompt communication when non adherence is seen.
DEVELOP AND DRIVE CHANGE: Lead by example ensuring you and your team behaviors deliver a program of continuous improvement by developing and driving a culture of consistent ‘audit readiness’.
- Fresh and free hot lunch/dinner all made fresh on site using onsite veg.
- Fancy volunteering we will give you one day off a year to take part in volunteering.
- We also have a range of employee support services which can be tailored to giving you advice on things like financial difficulties, anxiety and depression.