Production Supervisor (WJFRP81648)
£30,000 - £30,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East of England -- Bedfordshire -- Chicksands
15 September 2021
THE ROLE: Production Supervisor at MyFresh
You will contribute to the achievement of your area(s) objectives by being accountable for the delivery of Health and Safety targets and Operational Excellence for your area(s) whilst motivating, managing and developing your team. You will be accountable for monitoring operational KPIs, identifing improvements for operational performance. You will also act as a front line extension of the Factory Managers authority and will deputise for the Factory Manager as required to optimise profitability in conjunction with short and long-term business strategies, goals and objectives.
You will be spending the vast majority of your day in the factory, driving and communicating high standards and expectations to the team. You will be an inspirational leader, encouraging your team to challenge and improve safety, manufacturing processes, driving product quality and ensuring efficiency through production targets. You will be required meet and exceed all Technical/Quality specifications/targets and all other agreed KPIs.
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Working Hours: 5 days per week (typically Monday to Friday), 7:30am to 16:30pm
Location: Chicksands, SG17 5QB
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR: Essential Skills
- Quality and customer focused.
- Good leadership and team working skills (able to develop and motivate others), good communication skills, IT Literate.
- Ability to prioritise, make data driven decisions and work on own initiative, working under pressure to deliver results to a defined deadline.
- Logical, analytical mindset with strong problem solving skills - effective planning and organisation skills with attention to detail
- Able to carry out disciplinary, investigations, and grievance meetings.
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR: Key Responsibilities
- Ensure all Team Leaders and Team Members are working safely to standards and practises. Exercise accountability and responsibility through a duty of care for those activities undertaken by Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Assist the Factory Manager in driving through a culture change within the Production department with a focus on Health and Safety and Product Quality. Champion a culture of ‘zero’ injuries, ensuring all production members are educated and trained in the fundamentals of Health and Safety.
- Take ownership of a Continuous Improvement World Class Manufacturing program.
- Assist the Factory Manager in regularly reviewing and updating Risk Assessments. Ensure SOPs and SSOW are regularly reviewed, updated, trained out and audited.
- Ensure all engineering works are reported swiftly and accurately on the Pirana maintenance system. In conjunction with the Engineering team, action plan all breakdowns to minimise disruption and downtime within your area(s).
- Develop a working relationship with the Engineering Team Leaders, the Technical Leader, the Hygiene Leader and the QA supervisor.
- Ensure effective positive communication across your team and with other departments. Ensure all Health & Safety concerns, equipment breakdowns, maintenance tasks, quality concerns and potential customer delivery issues are communicated through to the appropriate team in a time sensitive manner.
- Able to delegate jobs and responsibility to your team and be competent in making decisions under pressure.
- Able to drive production via numbers, data and KPIs by focusing on hourly, daily and weekly area(s) performance.
- Encourage a Health and Safety and Product Quality priority mindset with active support and encouragement for Team Leaders and Team Members to voice their concerns regarding Health and Safety or Product Quality issues.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective, robust team member equipment/factory care system.
- Ensure all checks and recording systems for work completion (H&S, Quality, Customer, Performance, Maintenance, Delivery, Cost and HR etc.) are correctly checked, completed and compiled with all relevant information clearly and fully recorded and documented.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping ensuring self and team work to Current Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Meet and surpass all external and internal audit standards.
- Be an ambassador for the company at all times, behaving in a professional and courteous manner with both internal and external customers.