THE ROLE: Engineering Team Member at MyFresh
The key responsibilities of this role are to actively take part in Health and Safety issues, breakdown response and include completing general engineering tasks, breakdown repairs, contractor liaison and carrying out cost effective maintenance routines and general repairs to prolong the useful life of the equipment.
Salary: £39,000 per annum
Working Hours: Wednesday to Saturday, 12:00pm to 10:00pm
Location: Chicksands, SG17 5QB
ENGINEERING TEAM MEMBER: Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Health and Safety focused, quality and customer focused
- Good communication skills and have a good level of people skills, IT Literate
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline
- Logical, analytical mindset with strong problem solving skills, self-motivated and performance driven
- Attention to detail with a “Right First Time” approach, continuous improvement driven
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering background ideally both with an electrical bias - able to fault find electrical issues and work with PLCs
- Experience of fault finding, breakdown repairs, completion of Preventative Maintenance routines on both Mechanical & Electrical equipment with light Welding and Fabrication experience.
ENGINEERING TEAM MEMBER: Key Responsibilities
- Practice and encourage others to deliver the highest standards of Health and Safety at all times and ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained to these high standards..
- Ensure all Engineering Breakdowns are identified and rectified as quickly as possible and information is recorded in a timely and accurate manner on Pirana. Ensuring all breakdowns are resolved Right First Time.
- Ensure all recording systems for work completion are correctly compiled with all relevant information detailed.
- Using the Pirana system to carry out planned maintenance, fault finding and repairs within the factory and the site more broadly. Ensure the Pirana system is used to its maximum potential with the accurate recording of stock allocation and accurate stock movements inputted into the system.
- Assist the Engineering Team Leader in minimising machine down time by proposing and introducing improved maintenance programmes and continuous improvement ideas.
- Responsible for timely completion of all plant PPM schedules and to provide support for all site wide PPM programs.
- Responsible for maintaining the highest standards of housekeeping ensuring self and team work to Current Good Manufacturing Practices at all times. Proactively aim for 100% audit scores.
- Support engineering team members to encourage best practice applied throughout scope of engineering activities.
- Ensure you follow company-wide policies and procedures.
- Ensure excellent Develop an excellent working relationship with the Production Front Line Management Team Members, Technical Front Line Team Members and adopt positive communication between the Engineering Team and all Operations teams.
- Ensure the Shift Change Handover of the department is carried out thoroughly and all information is shared in detail with the next shift. You will be responsible for providing accurate and detailed information in the handover to the Engineering Team Leader and fellow Engineering Team Members throughout the shift and at the end of your shift.
HEALTH AND SAFETY: Responsibility for the Health and Safety and the duty of care for yourself, colleagues, contractors, public and volunteers to deliver a safe working environment. Adhere to current H&S legislation and the MyFresh H&S policy
BUSINESS CHANGE PROCESS: Play a pivotal role in ensuring adherence to the Business Change Process (BCP) by monitoring progress with effective and prompt communication when non adherence is seen.
DEVELOP AND DRIVE CHANGE: Lead by example ensuring you and your team behaviors deliver a program of continuous improvement by developing and driving a culture of consistent ‘audit readiness’ (way of life)
- Employee discounted big sack of various veg
- Fresh and free hot lunch all made fresh on site using onsite veg.
- Fancy volunteering we will give you one day off a year to take part in volunteering.
- Cycle to Work Scheme that offers discounted bikes and cycling equipment.
- Donate through your pay to a charity of your choice.
- We also have a range of employee support services which can be tailored to giving you advice on things like financial difficulties, anxiety and depression.