WE ARE HIRING!
Working as part of the operations team in our busy factory you will ensure that our products are prepared to the highest standard whilst ensuring you work within our high standards of health and safety.
About the Production Operative role:
Located in Chicksands near to Bedford, you will be required to work 5 days out of 07.30 - 16.30, you will receive full training on the machinery you will be using and knife skills to keep you safe when working.
You will need to be able to understand and complete food preparation and control documentation as well as being able to demonstrate you understand our safe health and safety working practices.
Skills for the Production operative role
You will need to have great attention to detail, able to follow a factory process and show that you can work in a team. If you have never worked in a factory before, don’t worry as full training is given.
We know our onions, and many other vegetables too! Established in 1987, we’re the UK’s largest ingredients-focussed, prepared fresh produce business – peeling, slicing, dicing, chipping over 35,000 tonnes of veg each year for food service and food manufacturing customers.
Our veg comes to us straight from the fields of farmers we know and trust all over the UK.
We’re proud to be part of the William Jackson Food Group, a dedicated family-owned food business which started in 1851. Our sister businesses are Wellocks, Abel & Cole, Jacksons Bakery and Belazu. Family values and the commitment which comes with such a long-standing business are rooted in our culture here at MyFresh.
Let us tell you some more goodies you would receive as a production operative:
• Employee discounted big sack of various veg
• Fresh and free hot lunch made three times a week all made fresh on site using onsite veg.
• Fancy volunteering we will give you one day off a year to take part in volunteering.
• Cycle to Work Scheme that offers discounted bikes and cycling equipment.
• Donate through your pay to a charity of your choice. The money is simply deducted through your pay before tax, so for every pound you donate, the 20p that usually goes to tax will go to the charity instead!
• We also have a range of employee support services which can be tailored to giving you advice on things like financial difficulties, anxiety and depression.