Production Planner (WJFRP81566)
Production Planner, Hull
In this critical and fast-paced role with our Supply Chain team, you will ensure our factory production is organised and planned to meet customer service requirements while maximising efficiency and making best use of capacity.
You will need to have excellent analytical skills to implement and maintain the factory schedule and be a driver of continuous improvement of management systems.
· Planning and scheduling of all bakery production plants to achieve delivery deadlines.
· Control production to minimise wastage and downtime.
· Provide guidance to the distribution team in the event of problems with delivery times.
· Ensure that stock is verified before being allocated to Distribution and investigate any variances to ensure all product is accounted for.
· Liaise with managers and supervisors to ensure that plant schedules deliver products in time for despatch deadlines.
· Liaise with Sales colleagues and the wider Commercial function to ensure that all expected orders have been received and all documentation is in order.
You will have exceptional attention to detail and be a confident communicator, as this role requires you to talk to a number of key people at all levels. You will be highly numerate with an analytical approach to problem solving and be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines. You will understand the importance of accuracy in the input of data and will be computer literate and ideally you may have experience of using ERP systems.
Ideally you will have previous planning experience within an FMCG environment or may have worked within a planning, scheduling or distribution capacity.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note that we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.