Receptionist, Hull (Part Time)
We are looking for a hard-working and reliable receptionist to join our brilliant team on a part-time basis, working Thursday and Friday (15 hours a week) with a requirement to provide holiday cover outside of the standard working hours.
This role is customer-focused to its core as you will be the very first on-site impression of the business to our visitors.
You will be a positive and polite professional with enthusiasm and exceptional customer service skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Greet all visitors to the site, ensuring that they are registered in compliance with Food Safety regulations and are fully aware of the relevant safety procedures.
- Replying to queries over the phone, on email and direct from our visitors.
- Dealing with immediate customer queries in a timely and efficient manner; referring complaints to the relevant department.
- Arrange daily post, ensuring that mail is stamped ready for the evening collection.
- Maintain confidentiality in every aspect of the role at all times.
- Sorting incoming mail deliveries from letters to parcels, ensuring they reach the recipient in good time.
- Cash handling, ordering stock from stationary supplies to groceries.
- Relaying important information to the relevant stakeholder or department at the earliest opportunity.
- Provide general administrative support to business functions as required.
You will need to be an ambassador of the business with exceptional communication skills. We are a fast-paced business so exceptional attention to detail and good computer literacy is essential.
You will ideally have previous experience from a front of house receptionist or administrative role and be able to prioritise against deadlines.
You will also be able to work well in this standalone role as well as being able to build good working relationships across the business.
Jacksons is part of William Jackson Food Group, a sixth generation family business founded by William Jackson when he opened his first shop in Hull in September 1851. Today we have a portfolio of five food businesses in distinct, yet complimentary market areas, employing over 2,000 people. We also have a pub!
We have occupied the current site in Hull since 1907 and we now have 3 bread plants in our main bakery. We recently developed a second bakery, also at our site in Hull, which specialises in premium quality roll, wrap and ciabatta production.
We specialise in the supply of bread and other carriers to the sandwich manufacturers, foodservice and export channels, and in 2012 we launched our consumer facing brand “Jackson’s Yorkshire’s Champion”.
We’ve recently built a brand-new site in Corby, Northamptonshire – one of the largest investments our Group has ever made – and this will allow us to realise our ambition of being the best at what we do.
2019 is an exciting time to join us!
Please note that we reserve the right to close this recruitment campaign before the advertised closing date. As such, we advise you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment.